Monday, December 10, 2007

The Triplets Are Here!!!

As many of you know I spent the past 2 1/2 weeks at my mom's house on bed rest after spending 7 weeks in the hospital on bed rest. Well Saturday night I was lying on the couch at my mom's house and my water broke. I went to the hospital right away and they monitored me through the night. Sunday morning I really started contracting so since I made it to 30 1/2 weeks in my pregnancy the doctor said it was time to have the babies. I delivered them via c-section yesterday at 1:15 pm. They are doing really good. All 3 of them are breathing on their own which is not common for triplets born that early so that is good. Joey weighed 3 pounds 6 ounces and was 16 inches long. Kayla weighed 3 pounds 4 ounces and was 15 3/4 inches long. Riley weighed 3 pounds 2 ounces and was 15 inches long. They will most likely spend 4-6 weeks in the Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit to grow and be monitored.
My first time seeing Riley Anne.

Joseph "Joey" James

Riley Anne
Here is Brian holding Kayla Mary.

I'll post more pictures as we get them and any updates as they happen. Thank you to everyone who followed my pregnancy and the thoughts and prayers for my family.

4 comments:

jess and josh said...

Yay for Joey! Yay for Riley! Yay for Kayla! (and yay for you too, mommy!)

I can't wait to see them!!

Freeman Family said...

Yay!!! We are so excited for you!!! Three babies, that is amazing!! So it kinda makes me want another one! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!

Julie Hibbard said...

Congratulations!!!!
I am so happy for you and your beautiful family!!!!
Can't wait to see them and YOU!
Yeah yeah yeah!
They are beautiful!

Sarah said...

YEAH! Jessica emiled me on Monday and I am so excited for you guys. What little troopers. Three little ones this close to Christmas...what a blessing.