Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My two cents while being pregnant

My first pregnancy I tried to wear my pre-maternity jeans as long as I could. I would un-button the top button, slide the zipper down a bit and just wear a long shirt so nobody could tell. It actually did work for th first 3-4 months. I just dreaded the thought of buying maternity jeans and having that hideous looking band across my stomach, also I guess all of the maternity pants I saw at the time we not that cute looking. However, when I gave in and bought a pair of maternity jeans I couldn't believe I had waited as long as I did! They were sooo much more comfortable than my regular ones and they actually didn't look too bad. (I just had to find a really cute shirt to wear with them to take the attention off of the jeans!) :) So this is my "first cent" of advice for pregnant people, maternity jeans are worth the purchase!!!

Now I thought my belly got big fast the first time, but this time around it is out of control already! So of course maternity pants/shorts were no question coming on at 8 weeks! This pregnancy however, I have been having a problem with my underwear cutting into my stomach and being so uncomfortable. And its not the size, I tried getting a bigger pair but smae problem. When my mom suggested I buy maternity underwear I said absolutely not. I guess for pretty much the same reasons as the jeans. HOWEVER, today I bought my first pair of maternity underwear from Old Navy and they are soooo comfortable!! Plus, they are kinda cute although I am sure when Brian sees them he will say otherwise but its all about my comfort while being pregnant, right?!

So my "second cent" of advice is suck it up and but the maternity underwear, you won't regret it!! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I stayed in my "regular" jean until month 6 with Bud...I am still in them, but have to use rubber bands! I do wear some maturnity pants/capris and when I do...they feel GREAT!

jess and josh said...

I TOLD you maternity underwear were great!! Is it bad that I still wear then to bed now and I'm not pregnant anymore!! And by the way...Josh thinks their hot!! Ok, he calls them bloomers, but I am all about comfort!