Friday, April 27, 2007

Funny story from the past...

I am reading this book, Eat, Pray, Love, that was recommended by a few people and I came across this line that made me remember an incident when I was child so I thought I would share. The line in the book is "That's me in the corner, in other words. That's me in the spotlight. Choosing my religion." Referring to the song by REM. Reading this line took me back to when I was 9 or 10 and in CCD class. (A class you take as a child as part of the Catholic religion.) So the class meets at a house and this particular year my class had a lot of boys who misbehaved. One day this boy Cody got in trouble (yes Jessica, the Cody you dated in high school ) :) and the teacher put him in the corner. He went to the corner and started singing..."That's me in the corner. That's me in the spotlight, losing my religion." Needless to say, the whole class couldn't stop laughing and he just got in more trouble. I love strolling down memory lane....

6 comments:

Allison said...

I remember being about 9 or 10 and being the only one at a party full of grown-ups who knew all of the words to that song...

jess and josh said...

haha...Cody!

Julie Hibbard said...

So glad you are reading that book! I loved it and it gave me so much hope and inspiration and courage!
I love that REM song too. Great story!

Matt Jensen said...

That's classic.

Stephanie said...

Ok finally a posting compelling enough to warrant me leaving a comment! I will never forget that moment as well! It made all our hours and hours of CCD all worth it :)

Sarah said...

I think that I went to CCD once with Kasey Shea. Doesn't that name bring back memories! I remember Cody, too. If you see him at the reunion, I'm sure he'd love to hear the story.

I bet you have thought about him in forever...I wonder if any random person from high school or junior high had blogged about you??