Monday, September 24, 2007

Celebrations of Life

Yesterday CHOC at Mission Hospital held a Life Remebrance Gathering at Dohney State Park in honor of all the children that have passed away at their facility. It was a beautiful ceremony and thankfully turned out to be a really nice day.
Each family received a dove to hold and release into the sky in honor of their child that has passed away. Lindsay was so excited to be that close to a bird. It was really neat and special.










After the dove release, there were 3 dogs there that the children could play with. Apparently these dogs are part of a special program that go visit children in the hospital. They were so mellow and well-mannered. I think Lindsay stepped on his paw a few times by accident and the dog didn't even flinch.




After the ceremony, we went back to my parents' house and had cake for my birthday. My birthday is not until Friday but my parents are leaving for New York this weekend so they wanted to have a cake for me before they left.



I warned my mom not to put too many candles on the cake and sure enough with just 20 candles (I will really be 28), it took me 3 tries to blow all the candles out! Pathetic! These babies take my breath away, literally!! :)






4 comments:

jess and josh said...

does that dog only have one eye?

Jen Panunzio said...

No, he was winking at me! :)

Sarah said...

What a special day! It's nice to have events like that to help put an uplifing face on things.

Welcome to the wide world of 28..on Friday!

Matt Jensen said...

Awww. I miss you guys...and the house. Why did I move again?...oh yeah, that's right, I'm going through a mid-life crisis.