Tuesday, October 23, 2007

After 3 weeks here is what is going on.....

First I want to thank all of you for your care, concern, thoughts, and prayers. It is really much appreciated! I know you probably check my blog often for updates and fortunately not much changes day to day so that is why I save it all for a weekly update. Pretty much right now no news is good news. :) But here is what has happened in the last week....
My doctor was off the last 3 days so he's not going to do a cervical length check until Thursday. I did get to go outside in a wheelchair for 30 minutes on Sunday to get some fresh air. It was nice but I was pretty much uncomfortable the whole time since I haven't sat upright for that long of a time in awhile. I have also had some contractions here and there the past 3 days that required the nurses to give me extra medicine but its nothing that my doctor is worried about. Tomorrow I will be 24 weeks which was my first milestone to get to so that's exciting. My next goal will be 28 weeks. I will be getting my steroid shot for the babies' lungs tomorrow and Thursday which will help their lungs mature faster if they were to be born prematurely. I received this shot when I was pregnant with Lindsay and although it seemed to not make a difference when she was first born, she didn't have to go home on oxygen which is rare for preemies. So in the end it did make a difference. As far as going home, I will most likely be staying in the hospital until I deliver. I feel much safer and more comfortable in here than I think I would feel at home. As hard as it is for me to stay in here, I just want to do what is best for the babies' health and don't want to jeopardize the possibility of life-long disabilities they could have just because I wanted to go home for a few weeks.
Lindsay and Brian are doing good. She is staying on her normal routine which is good for her right now. Brian's sister has been a huge help staying the night at our house and getting Lindsay to daycare when Brian has to work early. The hard part for me is that I don't see them during the week because it is just too much for Brian to drive down in the afternoon, then deal with traffic going home and Lindsay getting to bed late. So I see them on the weekend although I talk to them everyday on the phone. My conversations with Lindsay are usually the same, she says "Hi mommy", I say "Hi Lindsay, I love you", then she says "love you" and we both say bye. :)
So that's about it. I will keep you posted if anything changes, although as I said no news is pretty much good news right now. I will get through this as I have in the past, I can do it again! Although did I mention that I am done having babies after this?! ;)

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Good News! The World Series starts tomorrow...you'll have LOTS of baseball to watch and keep you busy for another week or so! Pray for a seven game series!
Thinking of you...keep up the good work, Jen!