Monday, October 8, 2007

Update - week 1 in the hospital

Well, here is what has happened in the last week. Last Monday I went to my doctor appointment and my cervical length shortened a little more to 2.3. So the doctor put me in the hospital on bed rest to be monitored. I had surgery last Tuesday and the doctor put stitches in my cervix to help keep the babies' in and keep my cervix from getting any worse. However, I still have to be on bed rest because any pressure can tear the stitches. Yesterday my doctor checked my cervical length since the surgery and he was very happy with the results. My cervical length is now back up to 3.7 which is good. In 2 more weeks, when I am 24 weeks, I will get the steroid shot to help the babies' lungs mature faster. I got this shot with Lindsay as well. After that my goal will be to get to 28 weeks and then of course the more weeks they can stay in the better.
My dad hooked my laptop up in my hospital room so I pass most of my time on the internet. At least I have been through this before so I know what I have to do and I will do whatever it takes for these babies to be born healthy. The hardest part this time though is not being with Lindsay. She comes to visit almost every day and will lay in the bed with me but thankfully my parents, Brian's mom and sister, and of course Brian are helping out so much and trying to keep her routine as normal as possible.
Well, that's it for now. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers and I will be sure to keep you posted as the weeks go by.

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I will be thinking of you and praying for you and the babies. You can blog everyday now! Watch movies, read books, you can even Christmas shop on line!
Hope you are feeling as good as you sound, Jen.
I will look forward to updates and more blogs!
:)

Sarah said...

Jen--I can constantly thinking about you! I am so proud that you are so strong. When you mentioned that you see Linsday about once a day, I started to cry. Having Bridger, I can't imagine that. Let us know what's going on!

Freeman Family said...

I so wish I was there to help out. Lindsay and Payton would have so much fun together. Take it easy and please keep us updated. I worry about you all the time and seriously check your blog like 2x a day!

jess and josh said...

Boo on the hospital!! I will come bring you a new supply of magazines this weekend!!