Friday, January 19, 2007

50 Sit-Ups

In case you didn't know, I enrolled in a workout group on campus after work. There are 7 of us and a personal trainer meets with us for an hour twice a week. She is from brickhouse training (go to the link and you will see a picture of my trainer - she's really nice but works us so hard, which I guess is what I need if I want results). So the other day we had to do 50 sit-ups. Not 50 crunches, which I mistakenly started doing, but 50 sit-ups. That means your chest has to touch your knees and your shoulders come back to the ground, roll up and roll down as my trainer says. The first 25 are a piece of cake, however, the last 25 were quite a struggle. If you have time tonight I challenge you to try 50 sit-ups just so you can feel what I felt and you can workout your abs too! :) (Jessica, you are excused from this assignment for another couple of weeks) Now no cheating, don't grab the back of your legs as you are coming up or grab anything for that matter, use only your abs. You also might want to tuck your feet under something as I had someone standing on mine. Okay, enough of me telling you what to do (its the teacher in me I guess). Let me know how you did! :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That sounds like a challenge that I need to take. I have lost NONE of the weight I gained with Bridger. It started coming off really fast at first so I thought I wouldn't be a big deal...needless to say, I stopped eating correctly and the weight came back!!

Julie Hibbard said...

I can't do sit ups tonight. I am in my jammies, under a blanket watching Will and Grace reruns with a laptop on my lap (how appropriate, huh?)
No, not tonight.
Good luck tho, and thanks for the challenge. I'll letcha know!

Sarah said...

Um...I did 30 and that was enough!

jess and josh said...

I love being excused from gym class!! Do I need a note from my doc? But after what I bought yesterday I need to get my butt in gear!!