Thursday, January 25, 2007

1 year ago....



Jessica you can stop holding your breath, here's the blog :) ...... 1 year ago today Lindsay came home from the hospital after being in the NICU for 87 days since birth. These pictures were taken that day. When she was born she weighed 1 pound 12 ounces and when she left the hospital she weighed 5 pounds 4 ounces. One year later she now weighs 20 pounds! I remember this much anticipated day like it was yesterday and how excited yet nervous I was. Brian drove the car home as I sat in the back with Lindsay and I kept putting my ear to her to check if she was still breathing. I am sure you can only imagine how the first night went. :) She has been through so much in the past year, she had anesthesia 4 times since she has been home (6 times since she was born) but I am thankful to say that now she is very healthy and quickly catching up devlopmentally to where she should be!!

3 comments:

jess and josh said...

ok so I thought it was going to be something cheezy! But I forgot that she came home a year ago...wow...My parents have that same picture on their fridge!! She definitely is a miracle!!

Sarah said...

What a great blog! I am glad that she was able to come home and be so healthy. I have two friend whose children were born three months early. They, too, are doing fine. Isn't it great that we live now and have such great medical care!

Julie Hibbard said...

Congratulations!!! What a fun day to celebrate! She is so adorable and you guys are a beautiful family!!! So glad to know you!