Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Do you see what I see?


Lindsay finally gets to see what I see when we are in the car. Today was her first day in a forward-facing carseat and she loved it! Now she also gets to watch Baby Einstein in Brian's truck, as if she doesn't get enough of it already at home.


On another note...today I felt like Michelle Pfeifer in Dangerous Minds. I had to cover my friend's class today since she was running late to work and I had prep first period. Her class was Algebra 1, but not just any Algebra 1 - it was for juniors and seniors who are taking it for their 3rd or 4th time. They were nice kids, well except for the one girl who kept giving me dirty looks, but other than that they were very comical. However, they were supposed to be taking their final exam. What a task that was! It took us 20 minutes for everyone to finally get a pencil. I had one student during the test tell me the difference between a mongoose and mongeese. (Remember, this is a math class.) Well, I could go on but I think you get the idea of what my first 45 minutes we like at work today. I guess that is what I like about my job, no two days are alike and you never know what suprises the day will bring!


Stay tuned Thursday for a "1 year ago" blog.....

6 comments:

Matt Jensen said...

I set the picture as the desktop on my computer...she's super cute!

Julie Hibbard said...

Cutest picture ever!
I wish you had been my math teacher! I had Sr. Theresa...a mean old nun!

Allison said...

Her sweet little face! Facing forward means lots more smiles!

Sarah said...

Oh, the joys of teaching...Really I did love it! The kids are constant entertainment.

Bridger was barely 20 pounds on his first birthday--well, the check up a few days later. He has a big breakfast and a bottle right before he was weighed so he wuld read the mark. He was very happy! Just to let you know, she will now talk much more in the car. It's very funny!

Sarah said...

PS. I am going to be down there starting on February 16. We should all get together!

Sarah said...

PPS. I think that Stephanie will be down that same week to see Jessica and the boys.